- 40926 students
- 0 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 1 day duration
Learn Finance, Accounting, Modelling and Valuation from the world’s leading, award winning MBA professor, an IVY grad, ex-Goldman Sachs employee, and CEO of Haroun Education Ventures, a venture capital firm working and funding startups involved in finance and fintech product development.
- 40,900+ students enrolled
- 4.5 hours on-demand videos
- 6 articles
- 14 downloadable resources
- Lifetime access
- Certificate of Completion
What You’ll Learn
- Analyze and understand a balance sheet (even if you have no experience with balance sheets).
- Understand and use modeling best practices so you can create financial models.
- Create a financial model (projecting the future) for an income statement.
- Create a financial model (projecting the future) for a cash flow statement.
- How to use Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and how to create the Weighted Average Cost of Capital and Terminal values in order to pick target prices.
- How to use P/R in order to pick target prices.
- Come up with a target price based on an average of several different valuation methodologies.
- Analyze financial statements using profitability ratios: Gross Margin (Cost of Goods Sold / Revenue), Operating Margin (EBITDA/ Revenue), Net Profit Margin (Net Income / Revenue), Return on Assets (Net Income / Assets) and Return on Equity (Net Income / Equity).
- Analyze and compare companies using the following formulas: Price / Earnings, PEG (P/E / Growth), Price / Revenue, EV/EBITDA, EV/Sales, Price/Free Cash Flow and Price / Book.
- Analyze and understand an income statement (even if you have no experience with income statements).
- Analyze and understand a cash flow statement (even if you have no experience with cash flow statements).
- Know where to get data in order to build a financial model (in depth understanding of identifying and using/navigating the best free websites and sources to build your financial model)!
- Create a financial model (projecting the future) for a balance sheet.
- Understand valuation best practices so you can create target prices based on your financial models.
- How to use P/E in order to pick target prices.
- Other valuation methodologies, including EV/Sales, EV/EBITDA, P/B, EV/FCF, etc.
- Analyze the total addressable market for a company you are doing research on.
- Analyze financial statements using debt and inventory formulas: Debt to Assets (Total Liabilities/ Total Assets), Debt to Equity (Total Liabilities/ Total Equity), Interest Coverage Ratio (EBITDA / Interest) and Inventory Days on Hand (Inventory / Cost of Good Sold) * 365.
- We will do an extremely in depth professional accounting, finance, modeling and valuation analysis of LinkedIn using the accounting and finance methodologies used in this course (you will also have many exercises to complete that will help you understand accounting, finance, valuation and modeling).
- No need to have any accounting or finance experience. All concepts will be covered from scratch.
- Must have basic understanding of Microsoft Excel. Will use Excel to analyze and create a Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement.
This course has been thoroughly vetted and approved by Blockchain Academy’s team. It is well structured. Haroun has done a remarkable job in bringing a complex topic of Finance and Fintech to the guy on the street. His English is clear and simple to understand and follow. Once you click Buy This Course button below, you will be taken to our partner site (Udemy.com) to complete the purchase. All payments and courseware is delivered through Udemy.com. Your purchase may result in Blockchain Academy receiving a commission.
Accounting Part 1 of 3: Income Statement
Accounting Part 2 of 3: Balance Sheet
Accounting Part 3 of 3: Cash Flow Statement Analysis
Financial Modeling Part 1 of 4: Introduction & Best Practices
Financial Modeling Part 2 of 4: Where To Get Historical Data From?
Financial Modeling Part 4 of 4: Financial Model Exercise
Valuation Part 1 of 6: Introduction & Best Practices
Valuation Part 2 of 6: Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
Valuation Part 3 of 6: Price to Revenue
Valuation Part 4 of 6: Price to Earnings + Additional Valuation Methods
Valuation Part 5 of 6: Final Target Price Calculation & "TAM Sanity Check"
Valuation Part 6 of 6: Comparing TAM to Target Price
Assessing Financials with Formulas
0.00 average based on 0 ratings