- 69141 students
- 0 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 14 hour duration
Learn and master Hadoop in just 14-hours! Hadoop or better known as Apache Hadoop is a collection of open-source software utilities that facilitate using a network of many computers to solve problems. This is more like a framework (also known as HDFS) involving massive amounts of data and computation. It provides a software framework for distributed storage and processing of big data using the MapReduce programming model.
This is a hands-on course which will teach you how to install and work with a real Hadoop installation right on your desktop with Hortonworks (now part of Cloudera) and the Ambari UI.
- 69,000+ students enrolled
- 14.5 hours on-demand videos
- 1 downloadable resources
- Lifetime access
- Certificate of Completion
What You’ll Learn
- Design distributed systems that manage “big data” using Hadoop and related technologies.
- Use HDFS and MapReduce for storing and analyzing data at scale.
- Use Pig and Spark to create scripts to process data on a Hadoop cluster in more complex ways.
- Analyze relational data using Hive and MySQL
- Analyze non-relational data using HBase, Cassandra, and MongoDB
- Query data interactively with Drill, Phoenix, and Presto
- Choose an appropriate data storage technology for your application
- Understand how Hadoop clusters are managed by YARN, Tez, Mesos, Zookeeper, Zeppelin, Hue, and Oozie.
- Publish data to your Hadoop cluster using Kafka, Sqoop, and Flume
- Consume streaming data using Spark Streaming, Flink, and Storm
- Access to a PC running 64-bit Windows, MacOS or Linux with Internet connection.
- Must have at least 8GB of free RAM on your system. (10GB recommended)
- Some prior programming experience, preferably in Python or Scala.
- Familiar with Linux command line.
Who’s This Course For
- Software engineers and programmers who want to understand the larger Hadoop ecosystem, and use it to store, analyze, and vend “big data” at scale.
- Project, program, or product managers who want to understand the lingo and high-level architecture of Hadoop.
- Data analysts and database administrators who are curious about Hadoop and how it relates to their work.
- System architects who need to understand the components available in the Hadoop ecosystem, and how they fit together.
This course has been thoroughly vetted and approved by Blockchain Academy’s team. It is well structured and easy to follow. Frank has done a remarkable job in teaching a complex topic of Hadoop. This couse is for coders and developers. Go ahead and enroll now while the discount applies. Once you click Buy This Course button below, you will be taken to Udemy to complete the purchase. All payments and courseware is delivered via Udemy’s platform. If you have completed this course and would like a softcopy of your Certificate of Completion mailed to you, kindly let us know. (cert printing and delivery charges apply). Your purchase of this course may result in Blockchain Academy receiving a commission.
Learn all the buzzwords! And install the Hortonworks Data Platform Sandbox. (5 lectures)
Using Hadoop's Core: HDFS and MapReduce (10 lectures)
Programming Hadoop with Pig (7 lectures)
Programming Hadoop with Spark (8 lectures)
Using relational data stores with Hadoop (9 lectures)
Using non-relational data stores with Hadoop (12 lectures)
Querying your Data Interactively (9 lectures)
Managing your Cluster (13 lectures)
Feeding Data to your Cluster (6 lectures)
Analyzing Streams of Data (8 lectures)
Designing Real-World Systems (7 lectures)
Learning More (2 lectures)
0.00 average based on 0 ratings